Château de Sédières (municipality of Clergoux):
Located 3 km from the village, it is a fortified manor built at the beginning of the 15th century by the Botier family. In the 16th century, it became a leisure residence after its restoration in the Italian Renaissance style by Dominique de Sédières. In the 17th century, the château went to the Lentilhac family before being abandoned and looted during the Revolution.
It was renovated in 1861 from Viollet le Duc’s plans, then in 1965 again by the ‘Conseil Général de la Corrèze’ (local government) who had bought it.
It now houses a renowned summer arts festival and is open to the public.
More information about the festival
Château de Pebeyre (municipality of Saint-Pardoux-la-Croisille):
It is covered with a gambrel roof and the 17th century yews in the park form a magnificient alleyway. Some parts of the château date from the 15th century (the octagonal tower, the spiral staircase, The 1465 chapel was rebuilt in the 16th century after a fire. It is surmounted by a wall belfry. On the road side, there is a square dovecote with a hip roof. The château belonged successively to the Arnaud, Lespinasse and Pebeyre families.
Château of Saint-Bazile-de-la-Roche:
Built as a fortress in the 11th-12th century, the château has retained little of its old features after its renovation in the 18th century. The main construction today is a long building, with a round tower in the middle (onto the courtyard). The barn and the bakehouse, flanked by 2 small square towers, enclose the courtyard. To the road side, the gate is surmounted by a stone porch bearing the date 1790 (when it was restored). The roof of the château is covered with a gambrel roof of roofing stones and slates.
Château de Beaufort (municipality of La Roche-Canillac):
No information about this château.