communes
tr
cc
accueil
cc
mail
cc
anglais
cc
francais
tr
cc
blason_trans
cc cc
Home
The 3 municipalities
Last updates
Projects and achievements
Businesses and trades
Nouveau Syndicat Ecole Maternelle
Everyday life
Tourism
cc Spare-time activities
cc Heritage
•  
•  
•  
•  
•  
•  
•  
•  
•  
•  
•  
cc Natural heritage
cc Accommodation and restaurants
cc Local products
Diary
Classified ads
In the neighbourhood
Useful links
Contact us
Mentions légales
   

Other monuments
vague

cc
Municipality of Champagnac-la-Prune:
- Pont du Moulin de la Mère (bridge).


Bridge 'du moulin de la mère'

Municipality of Clergoux:
- Stele of the Resistance: at the time of the Liberation of France, Clergoux used to be called ‘the capital of the Maquis’. During the Resistance, its population had indeed played an important part. The FTPF (francs-tireurs et partisans français) installed its headquarters first above the étang de la Bonde (lake), then at the ‘château de Sédières’. The stele was erected in the village in 1987 to perpetuate the memory of this.
- The old train (Tacot) station at ‘La Gare’: the Tulle-Ussel railway line, called ‘Transcorrézien’ or ‘Tacot’ saw the light of day in 1912 and ran until 1959. Clergoux train station, a 3rd class station (the smallest type), has been restored and houses an exhibition on the Resistance period.
- The restored barns at Sédières.

The old train station The concert hall (in an old barn) at Sédières A barn at Sédières A barn at Sédières

Municipality of Gumont:
- The old village presbytery: dating from the 17th century and restored in the 19th and 20th centuries, it is now the village hall.
- Tombstone: found in the village cemetery, it is now leaning against the North wall of the church. It bears a cross, the letters IHS, a date, 1687 and a name, Pierre Vedrine.

The tombstone L'ancien presbytère

Municipality of La Roche-Canillac:
- Many houses with character, stone roofs – particularly in La Roche Basse, where the houses are built with some of the stones from the old castle. The houses on the church square are also very old.
- The ‘Tour de Canillac’ (tower) in La Roche Basse: a round ‘Tour de Canillac’ (tower), pierced with small loopholes and crowned with a conical roof with a weathercock figuring a dragon. Restored in the 19th century, it is the only remaining vestige of the manor of the lords of La Roche destroyed during the revolution.
- The ‘courrijoux’ of La Roche Basse : these ‘running lanes’, an original feature of this site, are narrow lanes, often running between two drystone walls, which connect the terraced gardens of La Roche Basse and the detached houses.
- Remarkable viewing spots: 3 viewing spots have been built on the road from La Roche Canillac to Saint Martin la Méanne, offering exceptional views of La Roche Basse and the valley of the Doustre.

The presbytery A 'courrijou' The 'Tour de Canillac' Viewing spot

Municipality of Saint-Bazile-de-la-Roche:
- Numerous viewing spots on the valley: at Pouzol, at La Vignèrerie, on the left bank of the Doustre in the direction of Yzorche and Freygnac.
- A three-arched stone bridge from the middle of the 19th century in Saint Bazile.

The bridge at St Bazile Vue sur la vallée du Doustre depuis la route au dessus de Chassagnol Vue depuis la Vignèrerie Vue depuis Pouzol en été

Municipality of Saint-Pardoux-la-Croisille:
- The old train (Tacot) station at Les Chemineaux: an old train station, now restored, on the ‘Tacot Corrèzien’ line (a railway line which connected Tulle to Ussel from 1912 to 1959), with its wagon. It was a 3rd class train station (the smallest type).

Old train station at Les Cheminaux

cc cc
cc-doustre-plateau-etangs.fr
cc cc
 

cc